The Office of Academic and Advising Services is a vital partner in the promotion of educational success of Mercer University’s undergraduate students on the Macon campus. Located on the Macon campus in Penfield Hall (across from Tarver Library), Academic and Advising Services coordinates the programs and services described below, all of which focus on enhancing the academic success of Mercer students on the Macon campus:
· Coordination of academic advising for first-year students through the UNV 101 and BUS 103 courses.
· Academic advising for new transfer students.
· Advising resources for all students.
· Advising and resources for students who plan to apply to professional or graduate schools.
· Workshops and programs to help students choose an academic major.
· Four-week and mid-term progress reports designed to provide helpful feedback to students regarding their academic progress.
· New student orientations in summer, fall, and spring.
· UNV 201, a course to prepare student Peer Advisors to serve as peer instructors.
· First-Year Fridays, a series of presentations for the first-year class focusing on diverse topics such as Preparing for Academic Success and The Many Faces of AIDS.
· SophoMORE Program specially designed for sophomore students to help second-year students get MORE from their sophomore year and progress toward their academic goals.