click here to download an application
Educational Leadership Add-on Certification Program Entrance Criteria
The Add-on Certification in Educational Leadership is awarded by the Tift College of Education. It is designed as an advanced degree program for education students who want to increase their instructional and leadership skills.
Please note: The add-on program is not eligible for FEDERAL financial aid but you can look into alternative loans from a list of our providers. http://www.merceraid.com/macon/lenders.htm
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution is required for admission to the Add-on Certification program.
- A student may transfer three graduate hours to the Add-on Certification program providing the coursework was completed by the student while enrolled in an equivalent program at an accredited college or university. All transfer credit will be evaluated by the Department Chair.
- Tift College of Education will provide courses to meet all program requirements within a minimum of two calendar years from the time the student enrolls. The College is under no obligation to grant individualized study through directed/independent study courses or special topics research courses unless the College fails to schedule the course requirements within the time specified.
- Admissions deadline are as follows:
Early application deadline – May 1, 2010
Final application deadline – July 31, 2010
Classes begin Fall 2010
All persons who wish to enter the program must file a formal written application for admission to graduate studies. Applicants must hold a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and be eligible for a master’s level teaching certificate. Not all qualified applicants will be accepted. Students applying to the Add-on Certification program must provide documentation of the following:
- A master’s level teaching or service certificate and evidence of three years of certificated service.
- A minimum overall graduate grade point average of 3.0.
- A score of at least 800 on the Graduate Record Exam – excluding the analytical section; a raw score of 41 on the Millers Analogies Test (before October 2004); or a scaled score of 397 on the Millers Analogies Test (after October 2004).
If candidates were required to take the GRE or MAT for the master’s degree they currently hold, they will NOT be required to submit additional test scores for admission for “add-on” certification.
- Two official copies of all transcripts.
- A $25 application fee.
- Documentation of having met the Georgia requirement (a minimum of three or more semester hours) in the identification and education of children who have special educational needs.
- Documentation of having proficiency in instructional technology either by attaining an acceptable score on a PSC – approved test of computer skill competency or by completing a PSC – approved training course or equivalent.
- A letter of recommendation from the school system in which the candidate is employed.
- A copy of current PSC certification
Please note: You will NOT be considered for admission into the program if your application packet is not completed by the final deadline.
For more information, please contact our admissions office at (678) 547- 6422 or the main switchboard at (678) 547-6100.Resources