Early Childhood Education
Master of Arts in Teaching Atlanta Campus
click here for an application in PDF format
These MAT degrees are designed for:
- Recent college graduates with degrees in fields other than education
- Re-careering professionals
- Paraprofessionals who have bachelor's degrees
- Teachers who hold non-renewable certificates and who want to earn Clear Renewable master's level certificates.
- Teacher candidates from a wide variety of academic majors who are interested in earning both initial certification and a master's level teaching certificate.
MAT Admission criteria:
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- A GRE score of at least 800 (verbal plus quantitative) or a Miller's Analogy Test score of at least 397 (or 41 if taken prior to October 2004) prior to full admission.
- Passing scores on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission test of basic skills (or meeting the exemption criteria as described at gapsc.com) prior to full admission.
The MAT in Early Childhood Education
- The Early Childhood MAT program requires a minimum of 49 semester hours of graduate level education classes and field experiences designed to prepare effective teachers for pre-kindergarten through 5th grade.