Master of Arts in Teaching Atlanta Campus
click here for an application in PDF format
These MAT degrees are designed for:
- Recent college graduates with degrees in fields other than education
- Re-careering professionals
- Paraprofessionals who have bachelor's degrees
- Teachers who hold non-renewable certificates and who want to earn Clear Renewable master's level certificates.
- Teacher candidates from a wide variety of academic majors who are interested in earning both initial certification and a master's level teaching certificate.
MAT Admission criteria:
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- A GRE score of at least 800 (verbal plus quantitative) or a Miller's Analogy Test score of at least 397 (or 41 if taken prior to October 2004) prior to full admission.
- Passing scores on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission test of basic skills (or meeting the exemption criteria as described at gapsc.com) prior to full admission.
The MAT in Secondary Education
- The secondary MAT programs require an undergraduate major in the appropriate content area (e.g, English, math, biology, history, etc.) or in a closely related field.
- Each program requires a minimum of 40 semester hours of graduate level education classes and field experiences designed to prepare effective teachers for grades 6-12.