- Planning to pursue physics-related industrial or governmental careers.
- Wanting to continue their education in advanced graduate programs.
- Pursuing a physics major as preparation for science teaching in secondary schools.
- Needing courses in physics as part of their major program.
- Desiring a general knowledge of physics, but not majoring in the sciences.
What Students Love About This Program
- The diversity of the talented faculty, which makes physics increasingly relevant to the needs of Mercer students in the 21st Century.
- The unusual and unique opportunities Mercer provides students to gain hands-on experience in advanced scientific instrumentation
- The opportunities to collaborate in research with faculty members in various disciplines.
- Computer-related careers
- Design and development careers
- Manufacturing careers
- Service-related activities