- Offers excellent preparation for graduate work in psychology. Outstanding preparation for advanced study in various professional fields, such as law and medicine.
- Teaches students to become more sophisticated consumers of information.
- Provides insight into behavior of humans and other animals.
- Aids students in becoming more self-aware.
- Improves problem-solving, critical-thinking and communication skills.
- "Introduction to Clinical Psychology" - Assessment and treatment of psychological and behavioral problems
- "Developmental Psychology" - Where we come from and where we are going.
- "Social Psychology" - How our thoughts, feelings and behaviors are affected by other people.
- "Industrial/Organizational Psychology" - Behavior in the workplace.
- "Biopsychology" - How neurological and physiological mechanisms affect behavior.
What Students Love About This Program
- Psychology is directly applicable to everyday life.
- Students can obtain a better understanding of their own behavior as well as that of other people in their lives.
- Students acquire an appreciation of individual difference, cultures, and lifestyles.
- Students learn how to critically evaluate common myths about human behavior.
- Students gain a better understanding of human nature and our place in the world.
- Graduate school in psychology.
- Develop a career in health and human services.
- Establish a career in marketing research.
- Pursue a career in law, medicine, or education.
- Launch a career in business.