The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) – Georgia and Mercer University's Eugene W. Stetson School of Business and Economics in Atlanta are sponsoring an eight-session Business School for Communicators.
Classes will be held 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each Tuesday from March 12 to April 30 on Mercer's Cecil B. Day Graduate and Professional Campus in northeast Atlanta, just inside the perimeter. Limited space is available to the public.
"The program has been designed for individuals who need to communicate about business issues and concerns, but may not have a business background," said Alice Collins, Ph.D., associate professor and director of Graduate Programs at Stetson School of Business and Economics. "When participants complete the program, they should have a general understanding of several areas of business to help them in their work."
Taught by Mercer's business school faculty, classes will cover:
• "Accounting – Wading through Numbers"
• "Consumer Research – Using Data to Understand Your Customers"
• "Finance – Financial Analysis for Non-Financial Managers"
• "The Art of Managing Teams and Change – The Creative Benefits of Conflict"
• "Legal Issues – How the Law Can Affect Your Business"
• "Management – Power, Politics and Influence"
• "Marketing – The Power of Positioning"
• "Statistics – Using Numbers to Tell the Story"
Cost of the non-academic-credit series is $550 per PRSA member and $650 per non-PRSA member. Participants completing the program will earn a certificate.
For complete class synopsis, faculty information and other details, call the Stetson School of Business and Economics at (678) 547-6161.