Steven Keeva, an editor with the ABA Journal and the author of the book, Tranforming Practices: Finding Joy and Satisfaction in the Legal Life, will be the keynote speaker for the Law Day 2005 Luncheon on March 11 at 12:30 p.m. Keeva, assistant managing editor of the ABA Journal: The Lawyer's Magazine, also writes the Journal's monthly column, "Keeva on Life and Practice."
He has taught legal affairs reporting at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism and has written for magazines in Australia, Britain and Japan. His articles for the ABA Journal have been used as instructional materials at law schools and bar associations throughout the U.S. Keeva speaks frequently throughout the country on issues pertaining to law practices and quality of life.
This year, for the first time, the annual Law Day Luncheon will be held at the University Center on the campus of Mercer University. The $40 million facility -- which features 230,000-square-feet of space for special events, wellness and recreation, athletic offices and events, board rooms, coffee shop and food court – opened just over a year ago. Special transportation to the UC will be available from both the Law School and the Bibb County Courthouse, downtown Macon, before and after the Law Day Luncheon.
Other events planned:
- Law School Board of Visitors meeting, Friday, ;
- Law School Alumni Board of Directors Meeting, Friday,
- Continuing Legal Education on Friday afternoon;
- Alumni Reception, Friday, , Georgia Sports Hall of Fame;
- Cookout and Tour of Ryals Hall, Saturday, ; and
- Reunions on Saturday night for the Classes of 1940, 1950, 1955, 1960, 1965, 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995 and 2000.
Invitations to Law Day 2005 were mailed in early February. For more information, contact Emily Turner in the University Advancement Office at (478) 301-5675.