MACON, Ga. – The Mercer University Athletics Department and Internet Consulting Services have teamed up to redesign and re-launch MercerBears.com (www.mercerbears.com), the official web site of Bears athletics. The redesigned web site contains news, features and dynamic applications that bring Mercer alumni and fans closer than ever to their favorite teams and student-athletes.
Mercer and ICS have entered into a partnership to provide in-depth coverage of Bears’ athletics on the internet.
“We are very excited about the new Web site,” said Mercer University Director of Athletics Bobby Pope. “It gives Mercer Athletics a fresh new look to people interested in our program. The Internet is one of the best outlets to promote your teams and we now have a site that will rival any school.”
“We are thrilled that Mercer University gave ICS the opportunity to design the mercerbears.com athletic website,” said Jeff Rubin, ICS President and CEO. “We hope this brings alumni, parents, and fans closer to Mercer athletics than ever before. Mercer has taken advantage of many of the new features that our SIDEARM solution offers in its new website and we will continue to find ways to enhance the fan’s experience.”
New Features of MercerBears.com include:
• Enhanced navigation, graphics and design.
• A composite calendar of events that will allow fans to view every scheduled event with a click of their mouse.
• Video - the ability to display video streaming of home and road contests.
• Newsletter – fans can sign up to receive a newsletter with highlights from the week’s events.
• Polls – an interactive poll asking fans for their opinion.
• Rosters, bios, schedules and statistics - for all men’s and women’s teams, coaches and student-athletes.
• Live stats - continued in-game statistics for basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and volleyball