- Mercer students, faculty and staff are allowed to use the Fitness Center. All users are required to have a current Mercer Bear Card (I.D.). Spouses of faculty, staff and students, and dependents of employees age 16-23 may use the Fitness Center with a University issued family membership pass. Spouses of students may use the facility for a cost of $144 per year. Guests are NOT allowed in the Fitness Center.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the workout area. Water is allowed only in plastic, resealable containers.
- Shirts and appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Open-toed shoes of any kind and cut-offs are not allowed.
- Profane or indecent language and/or behavior are not allowed. Any conduct deemed offensive, potentially harmful, dangerous or abusive will not be tolerated.
- Participants are expected to use equipment properly for its intended purpose.
- Participants should not occupy a weight station for an extended period of time. Users should allow those waiting for machines to work into their rotation.
- Users are required to have a towel at all times and wipe down equipment after use.
- All equipment and weights must be returned to the proper storage racks. Do not drop weights or prop weights up against walls, pillars or benches.
- All weight room equipment must remain in the weight room.
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- The Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The Fitness Center is operated on an open-recreation concept. Therefore, team/group workouts are not permitted.
- Personal trainers not employed by the University are not permitted to work in the Fitness Center.
- Participants must respect the authority of the Fitness Center staff members and follow their instructions accordingly.
- Failure to abide by any of the Fitness Center rules may result in loss of facility use privileges.