To be eligible to participate in Mercer University Upward Bound, students must:
- have completed the 8th grade but not yet the 12th grade
- have a need for academic support in order to pursue a program of postsecondary education
- be either from low-income families and/or be potential first-generation college students
Students are selected based on recommendations from teachers and counselors, thoughtfulness of personal statements, and staff observations from interviews.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications for admission into the program, Mercer University Upward Bound wants students who are committed to education and the benefits associated with receiving higher education. Students must be dedicated to striving towards academic excellence in order to maintain an active status in the program, and students must have positive attitudes and open minds ready to be enriched by all that the program offers.
Are you that student?
2013-2014 Upward Bound Applications
Interested in an Application contact the
Upward Bound office at 478-301-2099 or email
Dena Kirkman firstname.lastname@example.org
Students: Choose either your Science, Math or English Teacher to complete a Recommendation form:
Students entering High School, have your Middle School Counselor complete the form.
Students currently in High School have your High School Counselor complete the form.
Tips for a COMPLETED UB APPLICATION:
1. Make sure your application complete, legible and
all information is valid and current
2. Complete the Teacher/Counselor
recommendations before school let's out for
3. Save your last report card (copies will be needed)
4. Save your CRCT test scores (copies will be needed)