Phronesis Project Spring Conference
Character Across the Disciplines
April 9-10, 2010
Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
Nancy Sherman, Philosophy, Georgetown University
Darcia Narvaez, Psychology, University of Notre Dame
Thomas Lickona, Education, SUNY Cortland
1. to foster cross-disciplinary conversation about character and its development
2. to identify insights that different disciplines can bring to the conversation
3. to identify points of convergence between different disciplinary perspectives
4. to identify points of tension between different disciplinary perspectives
5. to identify promising practices for promoting character development
6. areas for further research and conversation
April 9th, 7:30 p.m., Open to the Public
Panel Discussion at the Mercer Medical School Auditorium:
in Disciplinary Perspective”
Lickona: "Smart and Good Schools: A Paradigm Shift for Character Education"
Narvaez: "The Psychology of Moral Formation"
Sherman: "The Untold War"
April 10th, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Workshops including Breakfast and Lunch*
*Space is limited for the Saturday workshops. If you would like to participate and receive a $100 pre-tax stipend, please notify Dr. Paul Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 6th.